Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Election Time

Back in 2006 I couldn't peel myself away from the daily congressional polls. Now I'm obsessed with the constant presidential polling.

I'll put up those nice little prediction tabs some time in September when everyone is paying attention, but for now I'm going to go out on a limb and call the race for Obama.

Will this jinx it? If you are a self-loathing democrat maybe. Not me. I was optimistic as fuck throughout the summer of 2006 and I continue to be.

Add all of the states that Kerry won plus Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado and that is the end of the race. Try it!

And guess what? Obama doesn't need Ohio or Florida...but they could sure seal the deal pretty quick along with the new swing states of Virginia, Indiana, Georgia, North Carolina, and Missouri.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm already fed up with the campaign ads - and its only July.

I'd like to see Obama win, if only to have a president who can utter coherent sentences.

But you aren't running with the right crowd. This is going to be a very close election. The truism about Pennsylvania being Philadelphia at one end, Pittsburgh, and the other, and Alabama in the middle. Well, the Alabama part applies to all the states.