Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sick Again....

I don't get sick often, and when I do, I don't usually mind that much...the sickness that is. What always kills me is the insomnia that comes with sickness. Anyway, so here I am on my sore ass at home watching Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (mendacity!) watching Burl Ives acting very unlike Frosty the Snowman...and during the holidays!

I don't usually have much interest in other people (its my way of refraining from judging), but I couldn't help checking to see if there were any other blogs out of Albany. Just one. Some chode kid no doubt. That led me to look at all the blogs in Texas. I got 7 down when I found http://angeboo.blogspot.com. I only read the first page, but this 18 year old girl from Irving is fascinating. She is like mass consumerism to the extreme mixed with a well-read sarcastic and erudite intellectual. Her posts are so dry that I can't really tell what is tongue-in-cheek and what is in earnest. It pleased me that there are 18 year olds that can actually form a coherent sentence.

It is now nap time. More puppies and party pictures from this non-drinking (sigh) weekend in Austin.

I got two shots there earlier today. No H, just antibiotics.

6 comments:

themellenhead said...

Stop being sick already and get yo' ass to Austin.

I'm soooo tired of hearing all this "I don't feel good...I think I have the bird flu...there's mucus pouring out of my ears..." bullshit.

Suck it up. Drink some whiskey and shovel some coal...that'll knock it out of ya!

G.J. McCarthy said...

Ya but if does have "the bird flu," keep him the hell away from me. I'm pretty sure my lame insurance won't cover almost dying from that. See you soon.

Em said...

I've been meaning to comment over here for a while now, thanks to Theresa, but my dog has been keeping me busy! Here's to hoping that your dogs outgrow "happy puddles" (mine's a year old, I've had him 3 weeks, and he hasn't yet!), and causes considerable less damage than mine (check out his damage over at usefulfortunecookie.blogspot.com)!
Hope I see y'all the next time I make it Texas-way!
Emilie

Anonymous said...

OK, who is sick? Mom wants to know. The puppies are so adorable. And how many blogs are there in Texas. And how do you look them up?And why?

tiny robot said...

Whiskey and coal, eh? Mellen, that might just work!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you guys got puppies!!!! I love looking at the blog, though I have to look at it when we are here in Austin cause our dial-up is so slow!!! Have a great holiday!