Friday, January 27, 2006

The Chihuahua-nator

Well, in our infinite wisdom, D and I decided to go our separate ways this past weekend. He went to San Antonio to help an old professor run for president of ALA and I went to Austin to spend one last weekend with my sis before she moves to Chicago. We decided not to just leave them in the yard with a thawing steak and hope for the best......so I took them with me. Yes Kelly, I came to town with puppies and didn't tell you. This trip was all about Mel. And housetraining. And making sure Charlie (family dog) didn't eat the pups for lunch. I mean if your dog could channel the Terminator, you would worry a little too. Can anyone say "deadlights"?




So we had to introduce them in neutral territory and keep a pretty close eye on them all weekend. Charlie did a decent job of ignoring them when he could, but when two furry balls of energy come running at you full speed, ignoring gets a little difficult. But he did well for his first time. Somewhere in the dog afterlife my Aunt's dog watched this all happen and laughed. Once Charlie was the eager puppy and she was the grouchy old dog not willing to play. How the tables have turned, Charlie.

After some initial sniffing in places and barking, they all seemed to settle down and just tolerate each other.




He still has those evil eyes.........

We also discovered that on cold days at home Oscar & Felix happily sit in front of our space heater for as long as we'll let them.





You've managed to avoid the dog sweaters so far boys, but look out! There will be many more winters in your futures.

Sweaters.....they'll be back.

3 comments:

themellenhead said...

They're soooo cute I just wanna scrape their freakin' eyes out...

tiny robot said...

Aww, poor Charlie. I have faith in him yet. He can hold his own against the Wonder Twins any day!

Rebecca said...

Your dogs are beautiful. I am a chihuahua lover and owner! It has been one year since my little boy chi "Max" passed away. I miss him dearly and have an empty spot in my heart. Isn't it wonderful to have animals. They soothe the soul. God bless.